Vax-to-Win U.S.V.I. Special Vax Drawing is a public outreach campaign consisting of a series of Territory-wide drawings to increase awareness of the availability and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and provide incentives to Virgin Islands residents to get a COVID-19 vaccination. This special vax drawing also provides additional incentive for school-based personnel to become vaccinated prior to the opening of the new school year.
Under the direction of the Office of the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands, the USVI Department of Health and the Virgin Islands Lottery Office shall sponsor the VAX TO WIN USVI SPECIAL DRAWING, which shall allow qualified persons who are healthcare professionals, meaning any person trained to work in a health or health-related field such as allied health professionals, medical doctors, nurses, dentists and pharmacists who are residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands, and who have been fully vaccinated according to the vaccine regime administered by the DOH through public or private vaccination centers in the U.S.V.I, to voluntarily enter into the Vax to Win USVI Special Drawing and to win a prize upon a drawing from among all persons eligible for each drawing. Persons interested in participating in the VAX TO WIN USVI Special Drawing are required to register online at www.VaxtoWinUSVI.com or in-person at one of the Community Vaccination Centers on St. Croix or St. Thomas, or at the Administrator’s Office on St.John or by calling VITEMA’s Hotline (340) 777-8227.
A. U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States AND resident of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
B. Must be at least 18 years of age.
C Must be a full-time school-based personnel whose employment is in a school, university or other learning institution.
D. Winners must present photo identification and proof of residence location in the Territory by presenting an identification with a U.S.V.I. address, or a deed, or lease, or utility bill, or affidavit of landlord.
E. At least 24 hours prior to the drawing date, the winner must be fully vaccinated by receiving the two (2) doses required if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one (1) dose required if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, as administered in the Territory.
Yes, the Governor or Lieutenant Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands’ immediate family, or an existing, serving, nominated, or designated Cabinet member of the Bryan-Roach Administration.
Enter the Special Drawing by registering online at www.VaxtoWinUSVI.com. Log on and complete the School-Based Personnel Questionnaire to be registered. If you require assistance to register online, visit the V.I. Department of Health’s Community Vaccination Centers (CVCs) on St. Croix or St. Thomas or the Administrator’s Office on St. John.
The CVCs are located at:
The Nissan Center on St. Croix which is in La Grande Princesse, adjacent to the Honda Dealership and The Paint Shop, on the same side of the street as Food Town.
The Community Health Clinic on the 2nd floor at the Schneider Regional Medical Center.
The Administrator’s Office is located at The Battery in Cruz Bay,St. John.
You may also register by calling VITEMA’s Hotline at (340)777-8227
Yes, all eligible persons should register to win by October 1, 2021.
A Special Vax Drawing shall be held in each district of the U.S.V.I. A first, second, and third place winner for each of the two Virgin Islands districts, will be selected in each drawing. The selected winner for each district drawing will receive the sums identified below:
1st Place Winner Prize $25,000.00
2nd Place Winner Prize $10,000.00
3rd PlaceWinner Prize $ 5,000.00
The drawing entry period runs from August 9, 2021, through October 3, 2021. The drawing will be held on October 4, 2021, and winners will be announced on October 12, 2021.
You must be fully vaccinated to be entered into the Vax to Win USVI Supplemental Lottery as follows:
Winners will be selected in one drawing within each district on October 4, 2021. The winners will be announced on October 12, 2021.
The winners will be announced on Monday following the regularly scheduled Government House Weekly Briefing. The announcement will be carried live on the following venues:
- Government House Facebook and YouTube pages
- Government Access Channel(Channel 27)
All winners will be responsible for the payment of any taxes required from winning the prize or applicable taxes may be deducted from the winning prize at the request of the winner.
Yes, all eligible persons have ten (10) chance to win in the Vax-to-Win Supplemental Lottery and one (1) chance to win in the Special Vax Drawings, but the winning person will be removed from the drawing pool for all remaining Lottery drawings to prevent a repeat winner. After a winner is validated, any alternate winners remaining will continue to participate in the drawing pool for theLottery.
Yes, winners will be required to sign a statement agreeing to disclosure of their name as a lottery winner to ensure transparency and validation. Persons who choose to opt out of the Lottery drawings for religious or other reasons, please call the VITEMA Hotline at 340-777-8227.
The V.I. Department to Health will contact the winner via email or phone to request use of their information for the purposes of verifying their eligibility to receive the prize. Persons who receive a phone call claiming they have won the drawing can call one of the following numbers to verify that the call is legitimate – (340) 777-8227.
Yes, your prize will be reduced by monies owed to the Virgin Islands Government for child support payments.
No, you must have received your vaccination in the Virgin Islands to be eligible to win.
No, you must be a Virgin Islands resident and meet the above-mentioned eligibility requirements to be included in the Lottery drawings.
- Each qualifying vaccinated person will be assigned a unique number. The V.I. Lottery will use a random number generator to draw a winning number from within the range provided by the V.I. Department of Health within each district. A total of four (4) numbers will be picked consecutively within each district to facilitate vetting process of alternative winners. As each number is selected, it will be submitted to the V.I. Department of Health to verify eligibility and to ensure the individual has been vaccinated.
- The Special Vax Drawing will beheld by the V.I. Lottery based on numbers assigned to each qualifying vaccinated recipient. Four (4) numbers will be chosen in each district drawing to facilitate the vetting process of alternative winners. Winners will be contacted by V.I. Department of Health officials based upon information provided at the time of vaccination after the winning number has been selected.
- The prize will be paid out as a lump sum. Winning names will be announced publicly. Should a person selected as a winner refuse to have their name announced, he/she will be disqualified from winning and the next selected winner(s) will go through the same verification procedure.
- Vaccination records and other eligibility requirements will be verified for the winners for each drawing.
- All winners will be responsible for the payment of any taxes required from winning the prize or any applicable taxes which may be deducted from the winning prize at the request of the winner. Sums legally due for child support shall be deducted from the winning prize.
- All prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands. U.S. Virgin Islands residents who do not meet the eligibility requirements defined in these official rules are not eligible to win.
Winners will be selected on September 13, 2021, and announced, after verification, on September20, 2021.
In the event that the winner does not wish to receive a prize, refuses or fails to provide verification information and required disclosure authorizations, or does not promptly respond to the initial contact by the V.I. Department of Health officials within five (5) days, that winner may be deemed ineligible and an alternate may be used. If it is determined that an alternate will be used, the winner that was deemed ineligible will forfeit any prizes associated with the Special Vax Drawing in that drawing. The promptness and degree of reasonableness of efforts to locate a winner or of any decision to deem a winner ineligible based upon these rules, shall be at the sole discretion of the V.I. Department of Health. Alternates will be used in th eorder in which they were selected (i.e., alternate one (1) will be used first, alternate two (2) will be used second, and so on, as vacated spots become available.
The Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands is using federally funded Coronavirus Relief Funds which are derived from the American Rescue Plan Act (P.L. 117-2) to fund this public outreach campaign and initiative to provide enhanced incentives to U.S. Virgin Islands residents to participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program. The U.S. Treasury has authorized funds for broad COVID-19 response purposes.
- Submission of an entry constitutes express permission for the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands and its departments, agencies, and instrumentalities, whether referenced herein or not, to use the prize winner’s name and/or likeness worldwide, in perpetuity, for purposes of promoting COVID-19 vaccination without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- By accepting a prize, each prizewinner agrees to hold the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands, including its Governor, Lieutenant Governor, any of its employees, commissioners, owners, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, assignees, and agents, absolutely harmless against any and all claims and/or liability arising out of the ownership and/or use of a prize.
- Each prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Lottery or use or redemption of any prize.
- The Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof) and disclaims any implied warranty.
- By participating in the Lottery, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Prizes are nontransferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
No, the V.I. Department of Health maintains the records and personal data of those who have had COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the Virgin Islands within its COVID-19 Vaccination Program, as a confidential, population-based, secure computerized system. The V.I. Lottery or other government agencies will not have access to the computer data base. The V.I. Department of Health will randomly assign a number to each eligible person for the purposes of this lottery. The V.I. Lottery will draw a winning number from within the range provided by the V.I. Department ofHealth. The V.I. Department of Health will make contact with the potential winner and request a written release and additional information to verify their eligibility. The person's personal health information will not be disclosed.
The call center will be open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm and can be reached at (340)777-8227 or contact us through the www.VaxtoWinUSVI.com website.