Vax-to-Win USVI – Supplemental Lottery is a public outreach campaign consisting of a series of Territory-wide drawings to increase awareness of the availability and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and provide incentives to Virgin Islands residents to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
To verify that the V.I. Department of Health has a record of your COVID-19 vaccination, please apply for a digital vaccine record. To apply visit: www.covid19.usvi.care/polariskey
Under the sponsorship of the Office of the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands, persons who are residents in the U.S. Virgin Islands and who have been vaccinated according to the vaccine regime administered by the V.I. Department of Health are eligible to be entered into the Vax to Win USVI Supplemental Lottery and to win a prize in a weekly drawing to occur for each district of the U.S. Virgin Islands. All eligible persons will have ten (10) chances to win within each district, one (1) chance per weekly drawing, but can only win once during the entire span of the lottery. A winner of a weekly drawing is automatically ineligible to participate in any following weekly drawing. The drawings will take place from July 9, 2021, through September 10, 2021. Additional eligibility requirements include the following:
Yes, a person must not be incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of the Territory, any state or the United States at the time of the drawing. The Governor or Lieutenant Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands or their immediate family, or an existing, serving, nominated, or designated Cabinet member of the Bryan-Roach Administration, or any elected official are not eligible to participate in the Lottery.
To enter the Vax-to-Win Supplemental Lottery Drawings, one must have received at least one (1) of the two (2) doses required if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one dose required if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Anyone who meets this requirement is automatically entered to win.
Persons vaccinated after the commencement of the lottery shall be eligible to be added to the drawing pool for the following drawings until the final drawing.
The selected winner for each weekly drawing will receive the sum of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) if fully vaccinated or Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) if partially vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means having received the two (2)doses required if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one dose required if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, as administered in the Territory of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Qualified minors younger than 18 years of age may only be eligible to win via deposit of the winning funds to a parent or legal guardian of such minor under the provisions of the V.I. Uniform Transfers to Minors Act [Title15 V.I.C. Chapter 62].
The drawing entry period runs from July 8, 2021 through September 9, 2021, the last winner will be announced on September 20, 2021.
To enter the Vax-to-Win Supplemental Lottery Drawings, one must have received at least one (1) of the two (2) doses required if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one dose required if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Anyone who meets this requirement is automatically entered to win as follows:
One winner per district will be selected in ten (10) weekly drawings on the following dates and winners shall be announced, after verification, within ten (10) days thereafter:
The winners will be announced each Monday following the regularly scheduled Government House Weekly Briefing. The announcement will be carried live on the following venues:
Government House Facebook and YouTube pages
Government Access Channel(Channel 27)
All winners will be responsible for the payment of any taxes required from winning the prize or applicable taxes may be deducted from the winning prize at the request of the winner.
Yes, all eligible persons have ten (10) chance to win in the Vax-to-Win Supplemental Lottery and one (1) chance to win in the Special Vax Drawings, but the winning person will be removed from the drawing pool for all remaining Lottery drawings to prevent a repeat winner. After a winner is validated, any alternate winners remaining will continue to participate in the drawing pool for theLottery.
Yes. Winners will be required to sign a statement agreeing to disclosure of their name as a lottery winner to ensure transparency and validation. If a winner does not agree to disclosure of his/her name, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be chosen. Persons who choose to opt out of the Lottery drawings for religious or other reasons, please call the VITEMA Hotline at 340-777-8227.
The V.I. Department of Health will contact the winner via email or phone to request use of their information for the purposes of verifying their eligibility to receive the prize. Persons who receive a phone call claiming they have won the drawing can call one of the following numbers to verify that the call is legitimate – (340) 777-8227.
No. Only individuals vaccinated in the U.S. Virgin Islands through the vaccination regime provided by the VI Department of Health may participate.
Yes, your prize will be reduced by monies owed to the Virgin Islands Government for child support payments.
No, you must be a Virgin Islands resident and meet the above-mentioned eligibility requirements to be included in the Lottery drawings.
· The V.I. Department of Health will assign each qualifying vaccinated person a unique number which will be kept confidential. The V.I. Lottery will use a random number generator to draw a winning number from within the range provided by the V.I. Department of Health for each district. A total of four (4) numbers will be picked consecutively per district to facilitate vetting process of alternative winners. As each number is selected, it will be submitted to the V.I. Department of Health to verify eligibility and to ensure the individual has been vaccinated.
· A weekly drawing will be held by the V.I. Lottery based on numbers assigned to each qualifying vaccination recipient. Four (4) numbers will be chosen in a specific drawing order to facilitate vetting process of alternative winners. Winners will be contacted by V.I. Department of Health officials based upon information provided at the time of vaccination after the winning number has been selected.
· The prize will be paid out as a lump sum. Winning names will be announced publicly. Should a person selected as a winner refuse to have their name announced, he/she will be disqualified from winning and the next selected winner(s) will go through the same verification procedure.
· Vaccination records and other eligibility requirements will be verified for the winners for each drawing.
· All prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands. U.S. Virgin Islands residents who do not meet the eligibility requirements defined in these official rules are not eligible to win.
In the event that the winner does not wish to receive a prize, refuses or fails to provide verification information and required disclosure authorizations, or does not promptly respond to the initial contact by the V.I. Department of Health officials, that winner may be deemed ineligible within five (5) days, and an alternate may be used. If it is determined that an alternate will be used, the winner that was deemed invalid will forfeit any prizes associated with the Vax-to-Win USVI Supplemental Lottery in that drawing; the invalidated winner shall remain in the pool and may become eligible for subsequent drawings. The promptness and degree of reasonableness of efforts to locate a winner or of any decision to deem a winner ineligible based upon these rules, shall be at the sole discretion of the V.I. Department of Health. Alternates will be used in the order in which they were selected (i.e., alternate one (1) will be used first; alternate two (2) will be used second; and alternate three (3) will be used third) as necessary.
The Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands is using federally funded Coronavirus Relief Funds which are derived from the American Rescue Plan Act (P.L. 117-2) to fund this public outreach campaign and initiative to provide enhanced incentives to U.S. Virgin Islands residents to participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program. The U.S. Treasury has authorized funds for broad COVID-19 response purposes.
· Acceptance of the prize constitutes express permission for the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands and its departments, agencies, and instrumentalities, whether referenced herein or not, to use the prize winner's name and/or likeness worldwide, in perpetuity, for purposes of promoting COVID-19 vaccination without further compensation, notification or permission unless prohibited by law, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
· By accepting a prize, each prize winner agrees to hold the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands, including its Governor, Lieutenant Governor, any of its employees, commissioners, owners, directors, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, assignees, and agents, absolutely harmless against any and all claims and/or liability arising out of the ownership and/or use of a prize.
· Each prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Lottery or use or redemption of any prize.
· The Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof) and disclaims any implied warranty.
· By participating in the Lottery, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
· Prizes are nontransferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
No, the V.I. Department of Health maintains the records and personal data of those who have had COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the Virgin Islands within its COVID-19 Vaccination Program, as a confidential, population-based, secure computerized system.
The V.I. Lottery or other government agencies will not have access to the computer data base.
The V.I. Department of Health will randomly assign a number to each eligible person for the purposes of this lottery. The V.I. Lottery will draw a winning number from within the range provided by the V.I. Department of Health. The V.I. Department of Health will make contact with the potential winner and request a written release and additional information to verify their eligibility. The person's personal health information will not be disclosed.
The call center will be open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm and can be reached at (340) 777-8227.